One of our Meath physiotherapy clinic’s specialties is the rehabilitation of patients following orthopaedic surgery. Success of surgery depends a lot on what happens in the post-operative stages, the Post-Operative Rehabilitation stage. It is important to maximise the surgery by doing exercises that help to stabilise, mobilise and protect the area. Your consultant may also recommend you have some sort of pre-operative intervention, if this is the case Ratoath Physiotherapy will be happy to design and carry it out.
Our physiotherapists can guide Ratoath and Ashbourne physio patients who’ve undergone surgery through all stages of post-operative rehabilitation. We can assist in monitoring your progress, setting your goals, and providing appropriate treatment to maximise your recovery potential. We can also inform you of how best to help your own recovery and what should be avoided. You will be provided with a specific rehabilitation program, so whether you are an accomplished athlete or you just want to do your everyday activities as normal, we aim to return you to your full levels of activity and/or sport as quickly as possible.
If you have been immobilised in a cast after a fracture, early effective treatment is essential to restore movement to the affected area and ensure you regain full function in the affected bones and/or joints.
In our Meath physiotherapy clinic we treat patients following procedures such as:
- Knee Arthroscopy – menisctomy, chondroplasty, micro fracture
- Shoulder arthroscopy -Subacromial decompressions, shoulder stabilisations and rotator cuff repairs
- Ankle – Lateral ligament repairs, Achilles tendon repairs, ankle arthroscopy
- Lumbar spine – microdiscetomy, lumbar fusions
- Total knee and Hip replacement
- ACL ligament reconstructions
- Following surgical repair of fractures